Stephen Hoffman began practicing law in 1986, concentrating on land use, zoning, and permitting matters. As his career progressed, his practice broadened, covering a wide array of matters pertaining to real estate. As a real estate and land use attorney, Steve focuses his practice on all aspects of real estate transactions and development, including property investigation and due diligence, land acquisition, closing and settlement services, title insurance, permitting and governmental approvals, construction, leasing, condominium and community association documents, and real estate financing with loan document review and drafting. His broad range of experience and knowledge of real estate has proved invaluable to local and national developers.
Steve’s engineering and law degrees mesh perfectly with his real estate and development practice. He has worked on many nationally-renowned projects including Bass Pro Outdoor World, Sawgrass Mills Mall, Broward Mall, Dadeland Mall, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, the Trump International Hotel & Tower Fort Lauderdale, Galleria Mall, and Sprint’s telecommunication expansion in South Florida. In addition, Steve has set up many community developments, including condominium and property owner associations, and now guides boards through the many challenges such associations face.
Awards and Recognition
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top-Rated Lawyer, South Florida’s Legal Leaders, 2015
Professional Associations & Memberships
- President, The Attorneys’ Real Estate Council of Broward County (beginning March 2016)
- Member, Broward Bar Association
- Member, Chi Epsilon
- Member, Florida Bar’s Seventeenth Circuit Grievance Committee, 2014
- Member, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Condominium & Planned Development Committee of the Real Property Probate & Trust Section of the Florida Bar