Robert S. Hackleman is a shareholder and trial attorney who represents substantial clients in high-dollar litigation and arbitration. His practice generally involves complex matters in a wide variety of practice areas, including commercial matters, corporate securities, unfair competition matters, and probate and trust litigation matters.
Over the past 30 years, Robert has successfully represented numerous plaintiffs and defendants. For example, on the plaintiff side, Robert obtained a jury verdict in excess of $50 million in a federal patent case, which also involved state law claims. On the defense side, Robert represented a big-four accounting firm in the successful defense of a $500 million claim in arbitration.
Robert earned his B.S. from the University of the Pacific in 1975 and his Juris Doctor from Vanderbilt University Law School.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bet the Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property
- The Best Lawyers in America 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” Litigation/Intellectual Property
- Listed in Best Lawyers 2007-2019
- Florida Super Lawyer
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member of Transition Team for Senator George LeMieux
News and Publications
- Published contributor to Inside the Minds: Best Practices for Class Action Litigation, Aspator Books, 2007, in his article Helping the Client Make the Right Decisions
Civic and Community Involvement
- Counsel for Governor Charlie Crist, 2008
- Chair, Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Committee, 2008