Condominium and Property Owner Association Law
The attorneys at Hackleman, Olive and Judd represent developers, owners and project builders who require community documents to be drafted and approved by governmental agencies and lenders. We have extensive experience with residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects that require a variety of condominium and property owner association structures. We have formed master and sub associations for large golf course communities. We assist developers through the potential minefield of transitioning control of an association from the developer to unit owners.
We assist our developer clients in the following manner:
- Drafting of condominium documents;
• Drafting of property owner association covenants, easements, and restrictions;
• Drafting association articles of incorporation and bylaws;
• Drafting amendments to community documents;
• Guiding the transition of association control from developer to owners;
• Coordinating and conducting closings from developer to purchasers;
• Approvals of condominium documents through the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes;
• Developer – Owner Disputes.
In addition to forming condominiums for developers, we have the pleasure of representing many condominium and homeowners’ associations in the day-to-day management of their communities. The representation of associations provides our attorneys invaluable experience when drafting association documents. We assist our association clients in the following manner:
- Interpretations of association documents;
• Enforcement of association documents against owners;
• Assessment collections;
• Associations liens and foreclosures;
• Construction defect litigation;
• Drafting amendments to association documents;
• Board of Director elections;
• Budget review and adoption;
• Draft and negotiate third party vendor contracts; and
• Attend and facilitate board and owner meetings.
We understand that it takes a team of board members, managers, owners, and other individuals to successfully run a community. We incorporate that team approach with our attorneys to ensure our association clients operate efficiently and smoothly.