Nicole worked her way through law school as a real estate and commercial litigation paralegal at Hackleman, Olive & Judd. Upon graduating law school, Nicole accepted an associate attorney position with the Firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. Nicole focuses her practice on commercial and residential real estate transactions. She represents her clients in all phases of real estate sales and acquisition transactions, including:
– Negotiation and preparation of offers for purchase and sale;
– Organization of entities to take title to property;
– Examination of title and preparation of owner and lender title insurance policies;
– Preparation of title objection notices and curing title defects;
– Guiding buyers through the financing process and coordinating with lenders to close loan transactions;
– Review and explanation of condominium documents;
– Negotiation and preparation of leases;
– Resolution of issues that may arise during the pendency of the transaction; and
– Preparation of loan documents for seller-financing.
Nicole also handles complex commercial transactions and has specific experience in the coordination of effectuating a tax-deferred exchange pursuant to Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code. Nicole facilitates 1031 exchange transactions by interfacing with a qualified intermediary and ensuring that the stringent 1031 deadlines are met.
Nicole’s practice also includes representing clients in residential and commercial landlord/tenant disputes.
Awards and Recognitions
- Avvo Clients Choice, Real Estate, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, Florida Bar
- Vice-Chair, Residential Real Estate and Industry Liaison Committee
- Member, Broward Attorney Real Estate Council
- Member, Broward County Bar Association
Civic and Community Involvement
- Member, Women United, United Way of Broward County